I never, ever, ever, even after 9/11, thought I’d be watching a national telethon raising money to restore the areas I grew up in, vacationed in, lived in, and socialized in for 27 years of my life.
- Cabin fever is the worst fever and I don’t think even more cowbell would help.
- Power still on (*knocks on a billion pieces of wood*), cable has behaved itself, internet is being a jerk which sucks when we are expected to work from home.
- No work again tomorrow.
- Been through a lot of bad storms in my life and have still managed to learn new ways wind can sound. Have also heard two loud crashes in the past hour and a bunch of sirens. Really hope they were trees falling on the street and not onto houses and/or cars.
- Very worried about all of the people I know living in NJ & NYC. My heart, as always, remains up there and is very heavy tonight.
- Think it’s just about wine o’clock so I’m gonna go choose which bottle to open.
On one hand there’s a giant, scary, record setting storm heading my way. On the other hand, NO WORK TOMORROW!!!
I’ve got my essentials (wine, baked goods, fully charged electronics that should last awhile if the power goes out) and my fingers crossed.
Stay safe, fellow Mid Atlantic East Coasters!!